We’re Hiring – Geo-Solutions Engineer
Position Summary Description
CNCA is seeking a highly motivated professional to continue the development of markets for its Engineered Cement Applications Program. The goal of this program is to establish CNCA as a trusted resource with the goal of providing technical assistance for public infrastructure and private development. CNCA’s efforts focus on a range of cement-based solutions for geotechnical, water resources, transportation, and environmental projects. Solutions that CNCA currently supports in this program include: Soil Cement Revetments and Linings, Cement Deep Soil Mixing, Jet Grouting, Lightweight Cellular Concrete, Pavement Recycling with Full Depth Reclamation, Treated Bases & Subgrades, Roller Compacted Concrete, and Solidification-Stabilization.
The candidate must develop long-lasting business relationships and possess a strong work ethic. Regional travel in California and Nevada will be required to establish and sustain essential contact with public officials, contractors, suppliers, owners, engineers, and member companies. The position will also require collaboration with pertinent agencies, contractors, and engineering firms to advance CNCA’s goals.
- Responding to inquiries for technical information and design assistance.
- Developing relationships with design, construction, and maintenance engineers at private firms and public agencies that influence projects in California and Nevada.
- Participating in the development of and revisions to specifications for Engineered Cement Applications.
- Planning, developing, and conducting conferences, workshops, seminars, and other programs as required and/or as directed by the Executive Director.
- Cooperating with the Executive Director in recommending and developing promotion programs for targeted markets.
- Developing alliances with engineering firms, design-build teams, and contractors that can expand impact of CNCA’s efforts.
- Attending CNCA board meetings, related industry, and other committee meetings.
- Maintaining effective relationships with select public and private professional organizations.
- Ensuring that the Executive Director and the CNCA Board of Directors are kept informed of activities and key issues through monthly and quarterly reports.
- Operating under the supervision of the Executive Director and being involved in other activities as assigned.
- Producing potential articles for placement in local and regional periodicals.
- Knowledge of soils, design, construction, and maintenance is preferred.
- Ability to communicate with engineers, developers, contractors, and city, county, and state officials.
- Oral/writing communication skills and public speaking ability.
- Ability to develop and manage a professional contact base.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, primarily: Word, Outlook and Power Point.
- Must be highly energized, motivated and enthusiastic.
- Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to develop knowledge and deploy expertise in all areas of Engineered Cement Applications.
- Must be able to provide suitable office space in the home located within the San Francisco Bay Area, or the northern central valley to Sacramento.
- Must be willing to travel within California/Nevada as needed.
- Position has no direct supervisory requirements.
Educational / Experience Requirements
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in civil engineering with professional engineering license in California, or ability to obtain license within 6 months of hire, or related construction background, preferably with a specialty in geotechnical or materials engineering.
- Experience: Minimum of three years of professional experience in engineering and/or construction. Expertise in areas of soils, materials, paving, and water resources is valued. Pre-established contacts within target markets are also desired. Candidates must have the ability to comprehend project drawings and specifications.
CNCA is committed to developing sustainable and economical construction solutions for California and Nevada with an emphasis on the use of cement and concrete. We serve these states as a non-profit trade association that provides expert technical leadership, design assistance, research, and educational opportunities designed to responsibly transform our built environment and improve the lives of the people throughout the region.
In addition to geotechnical solutions, CNCA’s regulatory, legislative, marketing, and education efforts also focus on pavement technologies and buildings. Our staff provides a wide range of experience and expertise that are connected to a large network of regional and national resources.
The member companies of the CNCA are cement producers and shippers that manufacture cement products. CNCA is an independent association that is affiliated with the Portland Cement Association.
Link to job description: click here
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to submit a resume