The Concrete Solution for Streets and Roads
The fast, safe and reliable transportation of people and goods is dependent on durable, low maintenance streets and roads. Concrete pavements consistently perform well and most often have the lowest life cycle cost because they require less maintenance. In addition, concrete streets and roads have a long history of exceptional environmental performance.
Benefits of Using Concrete for Streets and Roads
Vehicles traveling on concrete streets use less fuel because the rolling resistance is much lower than on other paving materials.
Concrete streets also are naturally light-reflective which reduces lighting requirements saving energy and providing a safer nighttime environment.
Documents and Resources
- CP Tech Center Guide to Concrete Preservation Click here
- Pavement Designer is a free web-based pavement design tool for streets, local roads, parking lots, and intermodal/industrial facilities. Click here for details.
- Guide Specification – COMPACTION AND SUBGRADE FOR PERVIOUS CONCRETE PAVING
- Guide Specification – PORTLAND CEMENT PERVIOUS CONCRETE PAVING
- CNCA Integrated Paving Solutions Overview
- Victorville Bear Valley Road Project Profile
- Roseville Chooses Concrete Roundabout for Safety, Pride and Durability.
- Best Practices – Utility Cuts in Concrete Pavement
- The Remarkable Story of 10 Historic Concrete Pavements in California
- Study of Historical Concrete Pavements in California – April 2017
- Utility Cuts in Concrete Pavements – ACPA
- Article – End of The Road For 1920s Concrete In Santa Monica
- Project Profile – Sepulveda Boulevard Widening Project
- Project Profile – West Sacramento Bridge District Concrete Pavement
- Long-Life Concrete: How Long Will My Concrete Last? – NCPTC